View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 04:05 PM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
As promised, here's the follow-up.

Today is Wednesday. Got the call from Walnut Ridge RV near New Castle, Indiana the jack came in. Ran over, picked it up and .... long story short, got it installed and working just fine. Installing was no problem, re-homing was a nightmare. I still do not know what I did to finally make it work. But, it's working great again.

Here's some photos:

The old one still installed:

The old one outside the camper (laying on the tailgate of my truck):

The motor showing the shaft (it's not broken):

The leg (female end) showing it's ground down round inside:

The new one installed:

The hardware replacement was really very easy once the trailer front frame was blocked up. It was the re-homing, clearing that dang error message, and lowering the middle jacks to re-home that I just couldn't get ... you know .. pushing the right sequence of buttons. But somehow, I hit the right steps and wham! Error message went away, and auto level worked. I still have no clue how I did it.

End result ... All good. We're staying at this campground now until Friday the 22nd. Returning home (about 30 miles) on the 22nd, turning around for Brown County State Park on Sunday the 24th. Leaving there Saturday the 30th and heading to North Carolina for that camp host gig the entire month of August. I certainly hope nothing else fails on this camper before then! But, glad the good Lord gave me a brain and the tenacity to do these type of repairs and fixes myself!

Happy camping! See you at the campground!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote