View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 05:14 PM   #13
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
I have a 2019 F-350 DRW LB and recently replaced the OEM 42-gal tank with a Titan Generation 6, 65-gal. My reason behind this decision is to refuel less often and have extra capacity. I use the TSD Open Roads fuel card to find best price while traveling. On our return trip to Salem, OR from Phoenix, AZ - without towing a rig - we refueled once. IF you're going to upgrade to a larger tank, be sure that the installer can reprogram the chip for the tank you're getting before leaving the shop. In my case, the installer couldn't do it and they recommended a different shop that could do the reprogramming. The calculated range went from around 690-ish (OEM tank) to 900-ish. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

This is why I wanted a larger fuel tank, as it is I have to stop 3 time to make the 450 to 500 mile range depending on the terrain and wind, it takes 30 to 45 minutes each time we stop for fuel at the truck stops which I prefer to use.

Thanks for the tip on the TSD fuel card, I just went through the website and watched a few YouTube on it. I sent in an application, I mainly use pilot/flying js and loves.

Update..just seen another video on this TSD, sounds like Pilot/flying js has banned TSD card do to there terms for use only of commercial vehicles. I guess I’ll find out when I get the card lol.

2018 Ram 3500 MegaCab 4x4 Aisin, 4:10 Gears
Titan 50 Gal Tank, Air Lift Wireless Bags
2017 3160 RL
DadsHemi is offline   Reply With Quote