View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 02:01 PM   #10
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
is there no way you can bend and straighten your hinge extrusion?
What if you drilled out the rivets and worked on it on your table.

Back in 2009 my tailgate fell down and crushed a baggage door on my then Alpenlite 5th wheel. Western RV had closed thier doors in 2008 - so there was no factory to go to. I found a company called Kinro (which I think is owned by LCI now). It was a nightmare getting doors of the correct size from them...and I mean a 6 month NIGHTMARE.

I am not sure there is a way to beat the system on your door with all the finger pointing. The more they point - the higher the price gets. It might be less brain damage to order the door and frame from Trekwood and just pay thier ransom.
I am going to try to fix it first. I purchased a 10mm/.375" steel rod 6 ft long to insert into the hollow part of the circular hinge. I will bend/hammer the hinge as I push on the steel rod. If that does not work, I will just cut off whatever parts will not mesh as I have at least 60% - 70% of the hinge meshing. As long as I baby the door it might work for years. I also plan to ask a few dealers around here to see if they can get a part but I will bet a significant amount they will not know what to do other than try to order an entire new door.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote