View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 06:20 PM   #14
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
Based on reading this forum Keystone does not operate like that. If you want the door replaced you will have to go thru a dealer or pay ransom to Trekwood, etc. There might be a chance that the dealer would order the part for you to install - (not shop mechanics install) but I don’t really know. Maybe someone can advise you better.

The only example I have - I had a 2011 Jayco travel trailer. I contacted Jayco for info on stud locations on one wall. They emailed me pdf elevations of all four walls showing studs with dimensions. Later I had a 2017 Keystone Laredo. Called Keystone for stud locations - nope…you will have to go thru your dealer for that information. It felt like lawyers were running customer service. I have since read many similar stories in this forum. Dealer service guys are swamped. I did not think they would help me with my little stud location issue for free. However, the information and help on this forum is worth gold!
I think I must have miscommunicated. I do NOT want the door replaced, I only need to replace the hinge. I need Keystone to tell me who manufactured the door and it's part number so I can then order the part I need from the manufacturer. I thought that would be Lippert, but they have convinced me these doors were not made by Lippert since their part tag is not there. I have a dealer trying to track it down, but I will be surprised if he can do anything. I understand how Keystone works, they want to reduce the number of interfaces they have and the dealers will be able to field some of the questions the owners have so their workload is reduced. The problem is, when you have more people involved in a communication sometimes the message gets garbled and it can take longer to sort things out. I have never taken my rig to a dealer, and that includes 2 fireplace replacements, 1 recliner replacement, and 2 blind replacements. They (and I) failed to understand how the fireplaces work (only one on at a time) so I ended up with a better unit. They gave me a recliner that was either defective or lower quality and I ended up buying new normal recliners. Keystone staff have just one job much like insurance companies, find any reason to reject your claim.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote