View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 01:44 PM   #8
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrzrbk View Post
We are moving our 3791 to a campground that has 30amp power. They have some spots for 50 amp but long waiting list to get on those. My question is if you dogbone a 30amp shore power plus a 30 amp generator connection to 50amp plug. Will this work to provide two 30amp legs to each side of the camper. My thoughts were on days when very hot to use a invertor generator to power the Air Conditioner on the 2nd leg.
ELECTRICIAN here. NO, do not attempt.
I can do something similar, but you may feel it is too expensive.
My setup: shore power is standard 30A with an additional 20A from my inverter. That requires a 3,000W Victron Inverter and a correctly sized battery bank. I would not try it with Lead Acid, only Lithium. If you NEVER boondock, then a single Battle Born or Lion will do, but if you do boondock even once, then 4 to 6 depending on your energy requirements (audit). You will also need a Victron battery monmitor, a GX device of some sort, BIG welder cables for the 200A battery draw plus misc marine grade connectors, bus bars etc etc. Altogether several thousand dollars. OR go someplace cooler.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote