View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 08:05 PM   #10
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
What Dutchman was referring to was a 2 and 5/8 goose neck ball adapter plate that fits on top of standard bed rails in place of a regular fifth wheel hitch like my Q20 was. Curt makes the adapter Dutchman talked about it's brand name is Spyder. Like said I've used one for years until I got the newer truck. It's handy when you have both a standard fifth wheel and a gooseneck trailer. And yes like you said it is nothing to do with pulling a fifth wheel unless you buy one of those dreaded adapters that hooks onto your pin box that makes it a gooseneck setup. I was just rambling about the difference between my old truck with bed rails and what you have to work with with the newer trucks with the puck system installed in the bed.
I know right? Some folks jump right on the Anderson bashing right away.

My truck didn't come with the puck system so I know very little about them other than there appears to be 4 feet to pin into receptacles in the bed. Is there a hole in the bed to accept a gooseneck ball as well?
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote