View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 09:33 PM   #48
81SHOVELHEAD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28894
295RL

I understand the Montana 5th wheels are heavy but whats the # on weight of a Montana 5th wheel that determines the factory tires are not sufficient to carry the load of a 5th wheel. I do know we loaded all our gear from our 31ft 8k loaded TT to our 11,300 lb Montana High Country 295RL with plenty of room in storage to add more stuff which i do not plan to do. My guess is with the stuff we loaded ,the batteries. Propane ect. We're sitting about 12,000 lbs with a hich weight including me,wife, 66lb Australian Shepard & fuel @ 2800 lbs. So with 2800 lbs sitting on the truck were towing a trailer weight of 10,200 . I would think the load range f 12 ply rainiers would be sufficient to carry this load. We don't boondock & always stay at full hookup camp sights so no water, sewer being transported while towing . Just trying to understand why people are running out replacing brand new tires with brand new tires of a different brand? Just wondering if perhaps with all that storage space if the 5th wheels are being overloaded . Would like to here from people that actually tow these numbers with zero issues with the factory Rainer tires.
81SHOVELHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote