View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 08:53 AM   #27
Mclord

M.O.C. #25225
Quote:
Originally Posted by E12Cheng View Post
L1 will be inverted and L2 will not. Will only have power to L1 off of the batteries
I’m still confused. I think what your saying is that Multiplus AC 1 out will be inverted off the batteries when not on shore power. The Multiplus AC 2 will have pass through power but only when connected to shore power. This is my current set up on a 30 amp system. I installed a split AC panel and put the heavy load items (water heater, air conditioner) on the Multiplus AC 2 out leg.
We’re planning on ordering a 3120RL and designing our solar/lithium system.
Your PDF doesn’t show where the shore power L2 is going. It appears that you are splitting you AC between the two panels with L1 and L2 off the Multiplus which is only capable of 30 amps total. I’m considering one of two alternatives. First option is this.
AMSolar makes a smart phase selector allowing for the both incoming shore power legs, sending one phase to the Multiplus and receiving the one L1 out off the Multiplus and then splitting it back to two phases to go to the 50 amp AC distribution panel. This will allow the inverter to add amperage from the batteries to both sides of the panel. This is a user beware situation as running things like electric heat or air conditioning will put a significant draw on the batteries when not on shore power and will require some discipline.
My second option is to use shore power L1 to the Multiplus and only use the Multiplus L1 out to one side of the AC distribution panel. Then run the shore power L2 to the other side of the AC distribution panel.
I’m likely going for option 1.
Mclord is offline   Reply With Quote