View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #14
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Bingo, Blowing out the lines is a way of winterizing that does not require filling the tanks with antifreeze and pumping through all of the water lines. My method is to drain all of the tanks, the water heater, and the low point drains. I then hook up the air compressor set at 40 lbs (5 less than water pressure) and then open each faucet in the trailer, one at a time until no water comes out. Note: I leave the tank valves open so the water pushed into them drains away. Do not miss any valves or faucets. After you have completed this step, re-open the low points to release any drain back. Once all of this is done, pour the pink into each drain until the "J" traps are full. Use the pedal or handle on the toilet to blow out that line too! Pour a little in the toilet bowl. If you have a black tank flush system, remeber to blow out that line as well. This method has worked for me for the last 5 years and uses less that a gallon of pink per winterization. The pink that overflows the traps will handle any water that remains in the tanks. In the spring, or next warm snap, all you have to do is fill up with fresh water and go camping. No need to flush the lines! The best way is still going south, but read my post in the Announcements section. Bob

ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote