View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 03:05 PM   #6
Johnsonw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9830
I have to add my two cents. I agree with the Poster's decision to vent here and warn individuals that currently own Montana 5th Wheels, because many of the members of this Forum upgrade to new Montana 5th Wheels. I also agree that Post COVID RV's have many more problems; 1) The labor force changed and the level of experience resulted in lower quality. 2) Post COVID, due to Supply Chain issues, many substitutions were made, using inferior or untested materials. 3) Post COVID, many RV's were manufactured with many parts missing and then left on the lots, until those parts were back in inventory. Instead of a worker, who was an expert at the point in the Assembly Line, where these items were normally installed, installing them, a "Jack of all Trades", installed them in the field.
These are facts! My Son ownes a Mobile RV Repair business and constantly tells me to stay away from Post COVID units. Citing hundreds of calls, where his company had to fix these units, due to poor workmanship and substandard materials. I currently own a 2008 Montana, so I'm not dealing with these issues, but on numerous Factory Tours, where I spoke to Keystone Upper Management, about their Quality Control process, I was extremely disappointed! As a VP from Keystone once told me, "RV stands for RUINED VACATION"
The bottom line is, the amount of time that owners of new Keystone RV's, spend not being able to use their units, is totally unacceptable. For many of these individuals, at their stage in life, the last thing they deserve, it to be dealing with this sort of aggravation, and being grounded for months on end, due to poor Customer Service!
Johnsonw is offline   Reply With Quote