View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 02:22 PM   #1
andrew selkregg
Established Member

M.O.C. #17136
Norcold refer model 2118

I have a new 3610 Rl with the Norcold Stainless Steel refrigerator, model 2118. It's the largest RV model made I'm told and it's very nice. We picked it over the residential model when we ordered the 3610. My wife and I have been on several long trips and always precool the refer a day or two before packing it to leave. The food is already cold or frozen when it goes in. The refer is cold, 14 deg. in the freezer and 34 deg. in the lower section, when we load it.

The problem comes in when you start to use it. My wife and I are retired and know how to use a refer properly. We don't leave the doors open for long, or put hot foods in the refer, etc. We have no problems with the refers in our home, keeping foods cold.

After several days of use the refer typically is 29-30 degrees in the freezer, and in the mid to upper 40's in the lower section. This means that not everything freezes and the food in the lower compartment will spoil in a few days. It will not recover more than a deg. or so overnight. Norcold only evaluates the performance empty and says it's acceptable.

Does anyone else have this refer, and are you having problems?

Thanks,

Andy

2007 Ram Megacab 6.7 L diesel, 2015 Montana 3610RL
andrew selkregg is offline   Reply With Quote