View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 10:34 AM   #5
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by andrew selkregg

Darwin,

I was able to jumper out the temperature switch that activates the three external circulating fans, and the unit cools properly now. I never could catch the fans running before. Can you describe or take a picture showing where the switch was moved to on your unit. Mine seems to be installed on the coolest spot of the coolest fin on the condenser.

Andy
On our Dometic we have a tube that runs from left to right across the top then it curves downward and runs through those fins from right to left and back again.
Our thermo switch was attached to the farthest left cooling fin by two screws.
Our tech moved our switch up to the top tube left side long before you get to the cooling fins and attached it with light wire wrapped around the tube facing outward. As he explained, just touch the cooling fin and it was cool but when we touched the upper tube it was quite hot. The downside of all of this is that our fans run most of the day but we take comfort knowing it is providing extra cooling than the factory setting.
We have been 2.5 months with new fridge and set up, had two very hot streaks of weather and our new fridge is performing VERY well.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote