Thread: Tonneau cover
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 05:18 PM   #17
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
On my Chevy crew cab, I can't see inside the bed from the drivers seat either, even without the Flip Back. I do use the mirror on the fifth wheel. I placed a piece of black electrical tape right in the middle of the back window of the truck. I placed a piece of white tape on the King Pin, right in the very middle. I placed a piece of tape on the truck bed floor, right in the middle.

When backing up to hitch the fifth wheel, I look in my rear-view mirror and simply turn the wheel until all 3 of these "lines" pieces of tape, are in a straight line. Using the mirror on the trailer, I can see the bed of the truck. In addition, I added a bubble level across my King Pin. When looking in the rear view mirror of the truck, the middle "tab" on the Flip Back cover is exactly the same length as the bubble. Also, the bubble has the middle marker too. When all of these things are aligned straight, I know I'm spot on for hitching. I can see the mirror on the trailer pointing toward the King Pin and the floor. When the King Pin gets with an inch or two of the hitch (flat round thingie), I always get out, check the height and then back up and connect.

The Flip Back actually helps align everything into a straight line. No need to turn my head around, I can't see anything over the back seat anyway.

Now, if that mirror was not on the trailer, I think I'd be much more handicapped when hitching. So long story short, the Flip Back also helps me hitch, even though I absolutely cannot see the bed of the truck from the drivers seat.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote