View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 09:13 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
...Scenario: If I plug into 30amp power, can I run both my A/C units coleman mach 15000 btu (1 with a heat pump) on this connection?...
I believe the new Coleman's come with a Soft Start, so yes you can run both on 30 amp. But you won't be able to run much else on 120V shore power. That means the converter (if you have a stand alone one) has to be Off along with microwave, water heater (run on propane), etc.

Quote:
... Will my 400i watt solar charging system kick in and help or will it just all run on shore?...
Nope, the non-inverted outlets only run on shore power and the inverted outlets will also be using shore power.

Quote:
Does the batteries help supplement the power the system is not getting from shore?....
Once again, Nope. The solar charges batteries at 12V. 120V has to come from shore power or an inverted circuit (which an AC isn't on). But when you do have shore power, the inverter automatically uses that source and not 12V battery.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote