View Single Post
Old 07-29-2022, 09:22 AM   #6
juddspaintballs
Established Member

M.O.C. #28167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Harbor Freight makes a 9500 watt quiet inverter for $1400.
Lynwood
Their 9500 watt inverter generator is $2400 and it doesn't have a 50A plug on it. They make a 8750 watt inverter generator for $1300 but it also doesn't have a 50A plug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryles
Champion also makes a 50A parallel device so you can parallel two smaller generators (quieter) and still get 50A out of it.
They have a tool on their webpage for determining what pair of generators you need.
Having two smaller generators, you can take one (or both) with you camping. Many places have noise restrictions on generators.
I can't really figure out how to make their tool tell me which two inverter generators to parallel to get to what I need. If I knew what two generators to use, it would tell me which parallel kit to use though.

That isn't a big deal because I don't see me going that route. Even two 3500 watt generators are pretty heavy and about twice the cost of just one big non-inverter generator.

I own a EU2200i already, but two of those wouldn't be sufficient. I wonder if I could get a 3000 or 3500 watt generator and parallel it with the EU2200i for enough power...
juddspaintballs is offline   Reply With Quote