View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 10:56 AM   #11
Kampn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18069
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jamesadixon48

I am having trouble getting my water hose to make a good connection to the black tank flush system. When connected, it spews water everywhere. I even bought a new hose, made sure I was connecting it properly and tight, and it still doesn't work.

I have had other RVs and have successfully flushed out my black tank, so I think I am doing things correctly. What am I missing here?

The unit is still under warranty....I just hate to take it to my dealer if there may be a trouble shooting idea I could try.

Also, what's the best product for sanitizing the black tank? We use the drop in packets. Are they the best?
Are you sure water is going into the tank? Can you hear it spraying? If the tank is empty, you could open the drain and see if water from the sprayer is coming out.
The reason I ask is that on our last camper, when it was brand new, the blank tank flush valve was defective, or so they said, and it was keeping water from flowing into the sprayer. This made the pressure higher and if I didn't have a good seal on the hose it leaked. With a good seal it still shouldn't leak.. but I thought I would share the problem I had, which made it harder to seal and more likely to leak.
Kampn is offline   Reply With Quote