View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 08:40 AM   #21
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirvin0500 View Post
Thanks to all for your comments. Sorry it took so long to get back. Granted, our diesel was a 2005 F250, but the reasons we didn't like it had nothing to do with performance. Our issues were it was noisy, always smelled of diesel (duh), and was costly to maintain. For instance, an oil change (which included fuel filters) cost $140 vs. $30 for a gasser, two batteries to maintain and replace, etc. I completely understand torque/power. We plan to ful, time/part time. We will probably be gone 2-3 months at a time and travel from Alabama (where we live) across the country. It sounds like we really need a diesel even for the 373RD. From what I've read lately, the main difference between a F250 and a F350 (not talking dually) is the F350 has a beefier rear suspension.

I made a mistake when I bought my 2012 Silverado. I thought the 3500 was much more expensive than the 2500. Wrong. About a year later I checked and the difference was just $1500 or so. And for that you get 1500 lb more payload (more or less, as this keeps changing). I have to run about 400 lb over GVWR, tho both axles are good. It would be nice to not worry about being overweight and getting in trouble with the law.

On a different subject, I had a 2004 diesel. As you stated, it was kind of noisy and smelly. My 2012 has NO smell and not much noise PLUS it rides much better. From what I have heard, the new ones are even better.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote