View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 11:14 AM   #1
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
What broke on your last trip?

This might be an interesting thread. From the routine wear items to the unimaginable that can occur while owning a trailer.

Our last trip, which was for 13 days (5 days to Paso Robles and then 8 days in Avila Beach, California), I put 500 towing miles on my trailer. During the initial trip to Paso Robles, which took 4.25 hours, we discovered upon reaching our destination, the front closet clothing rod had broken. The left side circular "plastic" piece that holds the rod had failed, which then led to the center mount pulling out from the ceiling A quick trip to Lowes and I purchase a metal replacement rod holders (problem fixed).

From Paso we went to Avila Beach, a 45 minute drive, and were there for 8 days. Upon leaving, and dumping my grey and black tanks, I noticed leakage coming from the center plumbing, to the right of my main dump valve, which appears to be from my sink. Looks like the bottom plumbing, which is visible from underneath the rig is where the leak is at and not from inside.

Upon returning home, my remote RVLock face plate sticker, that has the keypad numbers, decided to fly off. I emailed RVLock and explained the situation. They got back to me immediately and would replace the factory sticker for free, or I could upgrade to a new silicone pad that goes underneath the face of the lock, which would cure any further problems like I had. The new silicone pad I ordered was $19.99. I plan on tackling the small sink leak before our next trip in August. That about sums up the problems we faced on our 13 day trip.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is online now   Reply With Quote