View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 11:04 AM   #18
bowlesj
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18569
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipermanden View Post
OK, I will share our little adventure with Keystone and Norcold RV Refer in our 3820FK. We had the 3820FK for 2-1/2 years and traveled 30,000 miles in it, and every now and then we noticed the refer would go out and not work. We had Keystone and Norcold on the phone trying to tell us what to look for, and low and behold, the refer would magically come back on line. Turns out about 6 months ago, we figured out the connection. Every time we turned on the rain sensing fan in the kitchen, it would turn off the refer??? We finally figured out this weird connection, because we did not use that front rain sensing fan very often. So we had our service center address this, and they said that they wired the refer directly to the battery to avoid the electrical interference this fan was causing???
Our 3820FK, as well as others I know of have this same problem. Actually seems like they may all have this problem since this is the only unit with the fridge up front, and hey why not tie the power sensitive fridge into a fan motor, and I am unsure if Keystone has corrected at the build level yet.

Regardless, we corrected the problem in the same manner except I left the fridge wiring intact and cut out the fan power circuit and rerouted to splice in with the front utility light, the clear one on the drivers side with the on off switch on the light housing under the 5th wheel overhang. All has worked perfect ever since. Yes, you will still have the fridge overheat circuit board get wet on occasion and need the magnet to reset, but this is a separate issue.

John - 2016 3820FK
bowlesj is offline   Reply With Quote