View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 05:06 PM   #27
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
Picked up some MC4 connectors at the Solar Shop, brought them home, grabbed one of the adapters I have for my GO Power Panel Kit, cut off the connectors & soldered on the MC4 connectors. Put the panel on the roof & plugged it into the receiver up on the roof and away it went. Unplugged the trailer from AC power & turned on the roof vent fans, fridge running on propane and had about 12.4 Volts prior to plugging in the solar panel to the system. After about 10 minutes with panel in direct overhead sunlight was up to 12.6 volts and after a half hour had 12.8 volts so its charging. Then did some digging around and removed the panel in the storage area. It appears that both the bigger wire and the smaller wire run to the batteries. They are rolled up together behind the panel in the storage area along with a wire to feed your gauge. The larger & smaller positive & negative wires are connected together in the roll. I'm good to go with what I have now.... Hung my TV in the storage area while I had the panel off, beer time now.
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote