View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 06:42 PM   #20
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Quote:
Originally Posted by glendodom View Post
I am running the original tires on a 2018 Montano 3721RL that has tires dates 1417-1617, meaning they are coming up on five years in the May-Jun 22 timeframe. Very low use and miles but the golden rule of replacement is near. You can read some threads that talk 4-8 years replacements, some suggest 5 years period.

I the past I had a habit of trading RVs before need of tires but at this point in life I think I am staying with my 2018 since I have finally got all the bugs out and would hate to again go through the debugging process.

What is the general consensus of the group for tire changing of the Sailuns based on age?
I'm honestly dumfounded by trailer tires on our RV's. I see equipment trailers and landscapers all over the road. Contractors with trailers. It seems as if they are somehow blessed with good rubber.
I just retired.

My farmer friend says retire is what you do to an old tractor.

But I just replaced my tires with Saluns last year, I have zero miles on them. My camper is parked beside the garage and gets maybe 3 hrs of sunlight. If it is due to sun damage Why do others not have these problems?