Thread: Political Views
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 07:35 PM   #8
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
Ah, the great political debate! It doesn't matter which side you are on, or which side you are not on, it's never the right side it seems. Lots of discussions, lots of hot tempers, lots of people that don't get along.

I said all that, because I'm reminded of a "Star Trek, the Next Generation" episode when "Q" (remember "Q"), challenged Captain Pickard and granted him 3 wishes. Maybe you remember that episode?

Anyway, Pickard finally caved in and took "Q" up to the challenge and made the wishes. One of the wishes he made was that he wanted to live in a world where there was perfect harmony, perfect peace, where everyone got along. He wanted to live where religious and political differences did not exist, a world of perfect harmony where everyone agreed, got along, and were happy.

"Q" granted his "wish" and "poof" .... there was Captain Pickard standing in the street of a metropolitan city, surrounded by tall buildings, street lights and the whole enchilada. At first Captian Pickard was delighted, but then he quickly realized that he was the ONLY person in this world.

Well, that episode made a tremendous impact on me when I was much younger, and one I never forgot. I think it hit me so hard, I realized our "differences" is what makes life so beautiful!

Something to think about! Happy Camping!
I do indeed remember that episode because I was rolling laughing!
The world would be a very boring place if everyone was exactly the same. With that said, I don't talk politics for the reason that my blood pressure REALLY doesn't like me doing so.....