View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 07:25 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Looks good to me. The only thing I see that "bothers" me about your photo are the foot pads on the trailer jacks. Why?

The 2nd trip out with our Montana High Country, I lost one of the foot pads (rear drivers side). I know exactly when I lost it and where. But when I discovered it was gone, we were 300 miles farther from that location.

The price to replace that foot pad was slightly over $50, and I could not find any dealership, anywhere on our planned travel route to get a replacement. I ended up called back home and placed an order with my purchasing RV dealership from. Even then (5 years ago), it took about 2 months to get the foot pad from the time I ordered it, and it cost over $50.

I was able to use the jack without the foot pad, by the jack stump itself on a block of wood. Worked fine.

So, ever since then, whenever traveling .... even going down the road a mile, I remove all 6 jack foot pads.

Now, mine simply slip over the shaft are are held on with a spring loaded D-style clip over pin. But, by removing them, I've never lost another one, and I have drug the jacks a few times also!

So, if yours are affixed permanently to the shaft, you probably won't have any issues, even if you drag one someday. But, if they are removable, I highly recommend pulling them when on the road.

And by the way, those foot pad now run about $75 for one.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote