View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #25
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
I can relate to the problem of dogs not on leashes in RV parks. Three years ago, we were here in Oregon, Albert hunts every year in the same spot, we always park the RV in this small rv park in Prairie City. A gentleman next to us had a big ole bulldog,he had told me the dog had seen my cat outside several times, the cat was leash trained. I went in the trailer to do something, heard the guy holler for his dog, I went outside, the dog ( off leash ) was heading towards my cat,( ON leash ) I was trying to stop the dog, he knocked me down and I ended up in the ER with 2 fractured vertebraes in my back. We came back from the ER and that guy and his motorhome ...."poof" gone! Had to get the sheriff over here to get the mans name from the camp host as she could not give it to us. Needless to say, his insurance company paid for all my medical. I have had dogs and in no way were they allowed to be off leash for thier safety and others.
There is a guy here, who takes his lab, (get this) with him when he is hunting.....elk ! The dog ran over the hill out of sight and back she comes with two coyotes on her heels. Responsible pet owner? NOT ! Those coyotes would of killed that dog for sure.
OK I'll stop ranting now.
Roamingusa is offline   Reply With Quote