Thread: Wiring Issues
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 08:07 AM   #7
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Thanks for the suggestions. I've been underneath the camper checking the wires. It's hooked up to the truck with the key on. I'm not getting the fault now. I'm getting a gain reading when manually applying the brakes. I have had Debbie in the truck watching for the message while I shake and pull and push the wires going into and coming out of the axles at all four tire locations. Can't get a fault. I have done the same underneath the truck with the same results. Everything appears solid. I will add that it was raining on the way home Wednesday and possibly moisture played a role. I suppose I could soak things down and try again. Thanks to the suggestions here, I am tempted to pull the wires out of the axles in spite of the fact I can't get the fault while messing with them. Not sure where else to turn. The wiring coming from the pigtail to the junction box on the pinbox is secure as well. I've checked all these locations while hooked up to the truck, key on. I'm considering pulling tires to check individual connections.
As far as the 7-pin plug goes, I am getting good voltage from all points and, once again, no amount of persuasion seems to interrupt the connection. Thanks again everyone, I'm going back in..

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote