Thread: Wiring Issues
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 01:48 PM   #15
mjcawood

M.O.C. #17548
Thanks everyone for your input. It has been very disappointing on getting any local companies to assist in this matter, even tried the Keystone service line. The closest Montana dealership said it would be a waste of time to bring it in, as that if it wasn't acting up at the time, they don't have the equipment to event check it and more then likely its the truck and to try Camping World for suggestions. The mobile RV service told me a few things, but doesn't seem to want to come out and check it either. With everyone telling me a different story, I am posing these questions to see what you think.
1. Can you cut the brake wire that goes though the axle at one end, pull it out of the axel and reattach at the wheel you cut it at, then zip tie the wire onto the axle?
2. Should I take my truck in for a second time to have it checked out and maybe a new plug put on the bumper?
3. How safe is it to pull without the electric brakes working with my F250? Everyone says there is no service to pick up and tow it into the repair shop and my truck should stop a trailer over 20,000 lbs with out a big issue.

To spend this kind of money for a large yard ornament that you cant use and cant find someone to really assist you with fixing has been most frustrating.
mjcawood is offline   Reply With Quote