Thread: Curious..
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 12:16 PM   #9
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
The last two RV's i sold NADA was more than $20K below what I ended up selling for and both sold in a couple weeks.

Look most folks buying large 5th wheels if they are financing they likely have large down payments so the bank argument is weak and rarely a problem for that reason. NADA is a national guide for RV so it does not take into regional demands, for example the same Montana in The NW will sell for more than the same in the Midwest or Southwest.

Markets are set by others for sale try and be close to the lowest of the collective others for sale. Also note private sale will often yield lower sale price than dealer sales.

You are approaching the end of the buying season, whereas dealers are dumping last year models in anticipation of next year models coming in over the winter. The new sales market also influences the used market as that same $75K 5er in MAY could be $55K in Sept and Oct.

I have bought 3 RV in 3 years (2 Class A and 1 5er) and sold two class A's all sold and purchased between Sept and Jan Fortunately my sales were both to snowbirds and both Class A's were high demand models. NADA does not take seasons into consideration...
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote