View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 02:16 AM   #18
BrianVer2
Established Member

M.O.C. #31132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Montana High Country View Post
Not mentioned above but important: the trailer will drain the battery in 2-3 days even with everything off. There are parasite loads that do this. Unless you have a small solar, I recommend pulling the ground off the battery.

On a separate thought, most Montana trailers use two batteries to handle hydraulic activity.

I think you can also jump from another vehicle to charge the battery(s).
Yes a second battery is what we came up with this afternoon. We noticed the interior DC lights flickering whenever the Jacks were initiated. I checked the battery voltage after charging for a couple hours; it was still below 12VDC.We went swimming across the street. OMG Santa Rosa is heaven sent. I don't know how much charge the inverter charger puts out, but it doesn't seems like a lot. We bought a second battery and will hook it up in parallel with the other. Also I'll bring my 50 amp charger down to give the system a boost. I also have a little so-called smart charger I can leave on the batteries.

I see there is a circuit panel with a lot of relays on the front facing wall of the battery compartment. It has instructions for reprogramming it. But I have no idea what it does. It has a momentary contact button and either an LED or a receiver for a remote control as it says something about using a remote.

Is there an auxiliary DC input for the Photovoltaic system? Two last questions: Where is the inverter/charger? Where is the AC panel?
Thanks so much,
Brian and Nell