Thread: Tires
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 03:05 PM   #8
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I just spent 3 months in Louisiana at a State Historic Site. The parking spot was large gravel. The trailer sat there for 3 months and never moved. Didn't seem to hurt anything.

At home, one side of the camper is on asphalt, the other on treated lumber to make the trailer level side-to-side. I use lumber under the tires to level, no matter what surface I'm on. The only time I used lumber on both sides was when we were on sand along the Gulf Coast in Florida.

What really impressed me about the Louisiana trip this year, I had exactly 100 psi in my tires (cold) when I left home (Indiana). I did nothing to the tires until the day before we left Louisiana 3 months later. I check the tire pressure, they were 105 psi (cold). I left them as is since my max is 110. No issues at all. We're leaving again for Louisiana on April 27. I check them again right before we leave. I wonder what the pressure will be then?

You don't need to do anything special with the tires, except cover them so they are protected from sun UV rays, which is more detrimental to the tires than the surface they are sitting on.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote