View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 02:05 PM   #27
Bruce in DFW
Established Member

M.O.C. #28272
I replaced all five (including spare) 5-year-old Sailun tires with new ones before our trip this year. After several hundred - maybe 1000 miles, noticed that I kept loosing air in one tire. Replaced it with the spare and tire shop found a crack in the aluminum wheel - probably a pothole or bump. Bought a new white steel wheel to use until I can find a new matching aluminum one. Other than that, the usual molding, trim pieces and screws coming loose. In addition, the furniture against the back window moved a little during travel and wedged between the slide facia molding and side of the trailer - broke 2-3 teeth off the slide-out gear on the bottom of the slide when trying to extend the slides. Ordered one on Amazon to deliver to our next stop and replaced it - problem fixed. I also just noticed that the bottom right corner of our back wall is loose. I can push it in about 3/4". Tried to run a couple of long screws in through the trim piece but didn't catch anything to pull it back in. I'll have to take it apart when we get back home. Last year - had to replace all four brake assemblies - due to grease on all pads, repair (and eventually replace) the toilet, replace a broken closet rod holder - and a couple of other smaller items. That sounds like a lot - but we were gone for 4-5 months and covered over 6000 miles.
Bruce in DFW is offline   Reply With Quote