Thread: 1/2 Ton Tow #2
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #43
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
LOL Tom, yes, I agree with what you said, but in my case with all the options, accessories and things permanently attached to my truck, my CCC on the label is no longer accurate.

We must be getting tired, between what Irlp posted most recently and Rich, this is not that hard to understand any more and in fact, those 4 steps Irlp provided has simplified how to be weight compliant.

Ironically, I recall when I first joined the MOC, many of the members had the "I can tow anything with my diesel truck". I was so shocked. There's not as much of that any more at least being posted and we all seem to argue on how to become more weight compliant, but we are arguing the same thing, which is - Know how to figure this out! Sure, there are probably many that still believe it's okay to tow overweight, but that is no longer as public in this forum as it used to be.

There are some stories that make non-compliance obvious like the F-150 towing a 3 axle toy hauler, or the Toyota Tundra that towed the space shuttle 10 miles to it's final resting place at 10 miles an hour on streets cleared out hours in advance, and that picture of the Chevy blazer that was modified in the rear end to hook up an old fifth wheel (that was impressive, but I don't think they went anywhere with it). At least, we now argue that any amount overweight is not as safe and responsible as was previously argued as okay as long as the diesel didn't bust.

No one gets to be gone. We are all agreeing on the side of safety more than before. With these Montanas getting larger and larger because our living life is getting larger, let's just be smarter, too. Don't do what you want... do what is right and compliant. I am about 600 lbs from a new truck and that next behemoth trailer will get me there. I will NOT rely on brochures, specifications or salespeople. I can now rely on knowledge and other members of the MOC. Thanks for that!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote