Thread: 1/2 Ton Tow #2
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #45
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
I have occasionally done duty on the weight police line. I have appreciated the effort taken by others to educate me and anybody else that wants to learn how to analyse their complex rig and get it right. In my case, another limiting factor is the weight allowed by my Ontario general operator's license, class "G". Although my knowledge may be superseded by recent changes to Ontario law, I believe that I am limited to a GCW of 11,000kg., or about 23,500lbs., without upgrading to a class "A"', since the rig is articulated. The class "A", carried by OTR commercial drivers, is a whole other world of hurt, requiring medical certification on a regular basis. So, I weigh the rig axle by axle every once in a while (more often when I was learning the weight game from Art, Rich and others) and clean out the bay regularly. Our tv can fairly easily easily go overweight on the front axle because of the oversize fuel tank. I have done as Irip suggests and weighed the tv and trailer separately, then together. If you can hog the scale, stop short, disconnect, drive forward to weigh the tv axle by axle, back up to re-connect, then drive forward to re-weigh each axle.
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote