Thread: 1/2 Ton Tow #2
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #46
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I've even done one side of the axle (then use math to calculate the other side) to ensure the weight is balanced side to side, too.

I found that the rear axle right side carries less weight than the other three tires. However, the design of the rig with the full fridge and cabinets in the front left corner, the range, sink, countertop and more full cabinets in the front right corner, and finally the entertainment center, fireplace, glass television and more cabinetry with stuff in the rear left corner, this doesn't leave much for the rear right corner except for the sofa bed and its lightweight metal bed framing so there's not much weight there. I'll have to figure out how to store and carry stuff (maybe some dense hardwood firewood) in the sofa area.

Taking several weights (both, then individual, loaded and not loaded) also ensures the mathematics each time. If the weight of the individual truck, and the individual trailer do not weigh the same as the combined truck and trailer, then you know you better go find another scale. Fortunately, I haven't seen that, but I've seen others report it. Makes you wonder why the difference but it happens.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote