View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 02:49 PM   #5
MAWilsonPE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26813
Hello Ron,

I have only been able to test out the new battery set up at home but I am quite happy so far. Again, I removed the two batteries from the stock installation location (in the SSF box) and relocated them to under the couch in the rear to be adjacent to my two new ones for more balanced charging/discharging and keep more weight toward the rear. I ran two sets of 4/0 cables from the batteries to the inverter and am seeing only 0.15 volts of drop when running one A/C unit at nearly 100 amps, so that is good.

We have two big boondocking trips scheduled for next year. The first is to a federal park in the NC mountains for two weeks in April. Usually pretty cool that time of year but terrible cell service so looking forward to testing the new Starlink setup there.

Then we go to the Outer Banks again for almost four weeks, again at the federal National Seashore parks boondocking in June. Will likely need the A/C a bit so should be a very good test of the new 2400 watts solar and 1000 amp-hrs battery set up. Can’t wait! Also booked an off shore fishing charter for the day and hoping to catch our limit of yellow fin tuna . I have a new 12v Dometic portable freezer coming to freeze it all.

Best, Mike
MAWilsonPE is offline   Reply With Quote