View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 07:15 AM   #36
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
My dad told me a story many years ago from when he was a teen. This would have been in the 1940's. A new highway was constructed between Lapel, Indiana and Noblesville, Indiana replacing the original section of Highway 32, which for the next 60 years would be called "Old 32", but was eventually renamed 191st street (based on the Indianapolis road naming now). So the "New 32" became the main road between the two towns.

He told of another one of his class mates that was "slow" in the head (well, he always used a more politically uncorrect term to identify this young fellow), but suffice to to say, what he described was someone with autism.

Anyway, because the new road was a paved road and not chopped up partially gravel and asphalt it was quite common folks to push the limits of their 1930's and 40's styles automobiles (speed excessively).

One day this young man was "speeding" excessively and sure enough, a policeman pulled him over. From the story, the first thing the officer said to the young man was, ....

Son, do you know what kind of road this is?
And the young man answered.
Well yes sir. It's "concrete."

So, with the back drop of this story, I'll add my 2 cents to the question:

"So, what kind of tire to get?"

Answer: A round one!

FYI, I have Hercules on mine.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote