View Single Post
Old 06-05-2023, 07:11 PM   #11
firestation12
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24588
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
I see what you mean. I spent 3 hours trying to find it last night. Tiara RV (Trekwood) is working on it. My opening is 29 1/4" x 13 15/16". The door itself is 30 1/2" x 14 7/8". Frame outside 31 3/4" x 16 3/8".
O.K. I’m going to save you a bunch of time and money. Forget Trekwood! I wasted 3 days getting an answer from them and what did they come up with?
The redesigned Norcold part number costing $170 for a complete frame and door plus shipping of $70. What did the new part number look like? The same as what Amazon is selling for under $50 bucks. I bought the Amazon product and it fit the rough opening perfectly. The difference between the old and new door wasn’t as big a problem as I thought it would be, since the net available access wasn’t as wide as the original. I’ll include a pic of my slide out. The top vent is the original and the lower vent is what Trekwood is quoting, that you can buy on Amazon. I spent 2 weeks trying every possible lead on eBay, internet searches, Craigslist, Offer up etc.. No bueno seņor! The bummer part is that after replacing the whole assembly (frame and door) I held on to the frame for 2 months. 3 days ago I finally tossed it in a dumpster thinking I’d never find a use for it. Sorry Dude. Unless you can find another hapless chap like myself who held on to his used part, you are better off ordering the Norcold updated redesigned part Amazon is selling. The redesigned Norcold part has a matte finish…not quite as pretty as my shiny old one. I’ll live with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	14721   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	14723  
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote