View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 03:44 AM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I just read on RVnet the other day of people talking about getting a surprise in the spring after the wind caused to the covers to wear holes in the rubber roofs. One guy reported he had over 10 holes along the edges down to the metal edge piece. In those cases I believe the rig would have been better off without the cover.

I also see shreds of the gray covers blown all over our storage lot by about March. There is one type of Adco Poly cover that just doesn't make it here in the dry climate, and after a few months in the sun they just explode in to shreds and little strands get blown across the field.

I believe it really depends on the climate you are in. Here in Colorado, it is too dry, too windy, and too close to the sun. The wind blows hard and gets dirt up under the cover, rips the tarp on your gutters and roof appliances, then starts breaking it down through UV.

We opted to leave our old rig uncovered, and it survived pretty well. The new rig will go inside until I get tired of paying for expensive storage.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote