View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 04:06 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasjlm View Post
I have a 2011 Keystone Montana 3455sa with a bedroom slide that goes out great but does not go back in. I took off the plywood board and confirmed the slide is an hydraulic slide.

To confirm problem I pushed in the bedroom slide button for a second and gear shaft turns but the bed doesn't move.
Huh? Gear shaft? The hydraulic ram pushes and pulls the bed frame out and in. There are no gears to turn.

Quote:
The slide appears to be closed perfectly.
Do you mean the slide is OPEN tightly as it should be? If it doesn't close then I don't understand how it "appears to be closed perfectly".

Quote:
Suspect there is something wrong with the cylinder so I will need to call in a tech. Just curious if it's possibly a stripped gear?

Anyone else had similar issue and if so what did it turn to be.

Thanks in advance
John
I believe the hydraulic ram, or the bed frame itself, has become disconnected from the wall. It can be pushed out as the exterior wall is at the end of the ram/bed attachment. But when you retract, only the ram/bed portion moves leaving the exterior wall where it was.

This is not an uncommon problem. I would expect to find some dry rot in the bed bed frame when you remove the rest of the plywood cover.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote