View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 06:53 PM   #31
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
Dave
I read reviews too. I take them with a grain of salt. A lot of reviews state how great the staff is but leave out that it’s a half hour drive for diesel. Great lake but don’t mention half the 50 amp sites have no power. The views are great and nice wildlife but don’t mention the place becomes a swamp when it rains. People see what they want to see. The only review I care about is my own to myself after I have stayed at a park. I generally don’t share my views about parks because everybody has different expectations. However, in the case of Thousand Trails, I will voice my personal experience and my experience with them has been way less than stellar. In case you missed a prior post, I paid nothing for my membership so I have no axe to grind.

You mentioned KOA standards. I have paid extra for a deluxe site and was greeted with a dirt site with weeds and rusted patio furniture. I guess the standards took that week off.

The only way to know if you will like a place is to just go. Kind of hard to do with membership parks. Buying a membership somewhere takes research. Time you don’t have at the sales meeting when the offer is “only good for today”. You have to trust that what is being offered is acceptable to you.

84% of the parks I have stayed in have met my standards. I neither expect nor look for resorts. 16% have not met my standards regardless of any posted reviews. It’s just kind of odd that 50% of my bad ones were Thousand Trails.

My standards, my experience, my reality.

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote