View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 11:59 AM   #34
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
Depends on many, many variables. There is no number that would necessarily reflect what you would get. I have seen speeds of about 50Mbps and as slow as 2Mbps. In general network and tower saturation, tower location, LOS will all have significant impact on your throughout.

I have two devices which I can aggregate he available bandwidth. I have on average about 8 devices connected at any given time. I can watch streaming TV and video including HD Vudu streaming which is probably one of the more bandwidth intensive streaming services out there. If you have average LTE coverage you should have no problem doing the same on a single Jetpack on this prepaid Verizon plan.

Yes, I understand ones results may vary. What I am looking for is DSL speeds or better. Sounds like you have been able to do just that. So at least I know I have a good starting point. Most likely will also get an antenna and booster.

I need to be able to use VOIP via Skype with screen sharing and control. I have coworkers that use DSL so that is my baseline. Of course 5GB files take them forever to download.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote