Thread: Favorite Hitch
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 10:19 AM   #45
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasrules View Post
You can search this forum for all of the discussions on this hitch, but I love it. Here is why.
It attaches to either a ball in your bed, or rails. I have a flip ball, so my bed is flat when not using the hitch.
It only weights 30 lbs and installs in minutes.
You don't have to change out your pinion. You use an adapter which installs in minutes.
Height adjustments are as simple as pulling a pin and moving the ball up or down.
You don't feel as much of the trailers movement because it rides on the ball as opposed to being locked into a conventional 5th wheel hitch that is locked solid to your truck.
I think hitching and unhitching are easier. Back under ball, lower trailer onto ball, lock the mechanism.
Andersons customer service has always been beyond excellent.

I have pull 7 different 5th wheels with the same hitch. From 28 to 37'. Never had a problem.
Yes, we used an AUH on a couple rigs for ~30,000 miles and love the hitch too. We moved away from it due to the warranty concerns on a new rig; doesn't apply to the OP, so I agree it would be worth considering for sure.

I would disagree with the easier hitching though. After a few times it gets easier, but I do not think it's as easy as backing onto a regular 5th wheel hitch. With those you just back up until you feel a clunk - you definitely don't want to do that with the AUH!!!

Brad