View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 03:14 PM   #10
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
On my first trip in 2006, I had a thump thump thump thing going on. I wasn't sure if it was truck or trailer. So I stopped and unhitched at an abandoned gas station on I80 in Wyoming. Got about 100 feet on the on ramp and could tell it was a truck tire.

So when we got the trailer, I added Good Sam. I had a pretty new truck that had some sort of GM service. And I also had my State Farm insurance. It was a Saturday afternoon with a big rain storm moving in. I called all 3 and the best anyone could do was get someone to tow me back to Rawlings(I think) and the store didn't open until Monday, so we would have to wait all weekend. I think at this time I didn't know it was the truck only. Anyway, a kid at the fireworks store where I was stopped came out and helped me change the tire on the truck. He had worked at his dad's station in Prescott, AZ I didn't know how to get the tire out of the truck!!!
So we drove from there to Mesa, AZ with no spare!

At least now I know how to get the spare out of the truck! And I check the spares each summer before our big summer trip.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote