View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 08:40 PM   #11
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcroome View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I got stuck 30 minutes out of Savannah with a blown tire and damage to my RV. After waiting 2 hrs + on GS roadside assist, I got out in a small rain and changed it myself. An hour or so later they called and said they were having trouble getting someone out, but had found someone that could come in an hour or so..... I mean 30 minutes out of Savannah should have had many folks that would come??

I don't know about that. How many tire dealers want to send a service truck out to mess with someone towing an RV? I'm sure that trims the numbers. I have 3 or 4 roadside assistance plans but I figure when they call a tire dealer/repair shop they just ask as a 3rd party and there is nothing personal there for the tire shop. They give an estimate of when they can comfortably respond, if at all. I've had that situation and called FOUR of my roadside assistance plans trying to see if one was better than the other....nope. At that time 4 hours was the best anyone could provide. Got out and did it myself, with the help of a younger farm guy that stopped to help. In another situation tried the same thing and they all go through their little list of "approved service providers". We were just left sitting in 100+ degree temps waiting for a call back and I got tired of it and started trying to find anyone. Found a tire shop owned by an individual right at 5pm and he was getting ready to close, not on any roadside assistance list I'm sure, willing to come out as soon as he closed shop.....if I paid the $100 charge. I told him sure, he came out and was a great help and did everything, gave him a $100 bill and we were all smiles. My plan reimbursed me after I drove back to that town to get a receipt. It is what it is.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote