View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 02:09 PM   #22
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brown View Post
When I flush my black tank in my 2021 Montana H/C I will dump tank first.
Then I close the valve and flush for 2 minutes, then I dump that. Then I close it off again and flush for 3 minutes and then dump again. I will repeat again for 4 minutes. Am I wasting water because my black tank sensors still do not work? The sensor shows full all the time.
I rarely have to flush my black tank. I use the Unique brand microbial chemical treatment in my black tank, and occasionally in my grey tanks. The manufacturer actually tells you not to flush the tank because you are actually flushing the microbes at the same time. Just use plenty of water when you flush the toilet. Not lots and lots, but an average, good flush. Empty your black tank first, “flush” with your grey tank water, and your done. Add about 3-4 gallons fresh water back to your black tank, add more microbe treatment and you are done. Never had an issue. The microbes will clean your sensors as well. They will also break down a poo pyramid, but it will take a while, several hours, for that, but it works. Only time I do a serious flush out is when I put up my RV for winter storage. It keeps my sensors clear and working, though I don't rely on them as even when they are “working” they are not that reliable. The microbes break down toilet paper big time. I would recommend you give them a try. Available at Amazon, Walmart, several places. Do a google search. Read up on the science. NEVER have to go through all the tank flushing and flushing, and flushing. NOT necessary! Check it out.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote