View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 03:36 PM   #25
gregdan24
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9822
My 2010 Montana Moutaineer sensors still work. Sometimes the black tank ones get gunked up, but here's what I do.

Open the black tank drain and turn on the flush. Also, go inside and fill the commode a couple times to the top and flush from there.

When it starts running clear, I'll close the Valterra valve on my outlet and backflush with grey tank or galley tank water. Then close the black tank drain. The flush is still running. I don't get distracted...I monitor the sound of the flush in the tank and watch the sensors. When the top sensor light comes on or the flush sound stops, I open the black tank drain again. Sometimes, if at a campsite I will fill the black tank again and drain it. I feel a bit bad about wasting that much water, but I only do it on the last day before returning home.

After I do this the sensors almost always work especially the one that says "Full".

I don't add anything to my tank except the orange powder to keep it from getting smelly when in use. When running down the road between camps I like to have about 5 gallons or so of water sloshing around to clean things up.
gregdan24 is offline   Reply With Quote