View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 01:21 PM   #8
dallasrules
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26856
Two things I haven't seen touched on here. 1) Depending on the quality of the wood in the platform, you might have to beef it up. Ours was thin osb with a few reinforcement pieces screwed to it. The wood started to bow in the middle. I took it apart and rebuilt it to be more substantial. I can't say that I blame this on the heavier mattress though. Both my husband and myself are around 250lbs. My son is closer to 350. It was a cheap build though.

I am more concerned about the stabilizer your mentioned planning to buy. If it is the tripod type you put under the king pin, then that is ok. There is debate whether they do any good or not. I like mine. On the other hand, if you are talking about a stabilizer jack that would go under the slide, then those are bad news and can damage your slide under some circumstances. I haven't really seen these for a high slide like a bedroom slide, but they are out there for the other slides. I am sure there are a lot of discussions on this forum about slide stabalizers. Please read them before you go this route.
dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote