View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 09:41 AM   #14
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
no 3rd a/c heat pump

85°F to 92°F
The average temperature output of a heat pump is 85°F to 92°F in heat mode without auxiliary heat. Typically, a heat pump will produce a temperature differential of 15-20°F warmer than the current air temperature in heat mode. The air temperature from a heat pump can vary with the age and condition of your heat pump.
So with that being said even under the best conditions the air temp coming out of the vents is below body temp. This is why your wife fells cold. But that`s at the vent not at 4.5 ft. too 5 ft. off the floor where your heart is. And with a 10 ft. ceiling it`s even worse. Rv a/c`s efficiency rating is terrible. just plain sucks
My rear heat pump- a/c unit stopped working this fall and now won`t put out cold or warm air. So it needs to be replaced as I have determined that the reversing valve is stuck mid-way in it's travels. And the new ones are 1800.00 dollars maybe a little cheaper some places plus installation I was going to put in the 3rd a/c but not now.
So I`m putting in a Mini split system. Less than one 3rd the cost of 2 new units half the noise, the heat pump works down to 10 degrees, draws less amps (for the generator) and I will mount the head over the tv in a 3791. The bonus is any a/c tech can work on it. Not just replace it. It will cool or heat the whole first floor like nobody's business. I have talked to 2 different people that have done this in a 3791 they mounted the small outdoor unit on a fold down tray in the back with flexible refrigerant lines to access the roil out tray. Both said the rv a/c dose not compare.
Good winter project.......we`ll see.

F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote