View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 09:34 AM   #9
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
The Anderson (can) fail during emergency stops. Also check with Montana. Last I heard & read, using the Anderson will void your frame warranty. Some have said that Lippert will cover but I'd have the conversation before I made the decision.

I know the odds are in your favor under normal circumstances, but put in a panic situation I'd prefer the peace of mind knowing my hitch isn't going to buckle. Just my 2 cents....
This pic has been around for some time and is about the only one that shows a buckled Andersen hitch. In all fairness I don't believe this was an emergency stop, but an accident. In an accident all bets are off. Who knows what will give and break first in a collision given all the variables of speed and point of contact. At least the coupler didn't let go of the ball.

If I were in a bad accident and my hitch maintained control of my trailer I'd say it did its job.

I'm not worried about the Andersen. Still, if I were buying a new trailer today I wouldn't get one simply because of the warranty issue.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote