View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 02:19 PM   #19
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
A person needs to buy a hitch that they are comfortable with taking in consideration price, ease of install and removal (weight), function, and maybe even reviews of current users. My following comment only addresses a product, not a so so warranty issue.

What I get weary of near every time we talk about hitches on the MOC is someone always digs out a whopping photo or two about an Andersen hitch fail and start ragging on it despite no personal experience with said hitch. If it's such a failure, why are there so few instances of an Andersen failure reported internet wide? Heck I can find failures of about any other hitch if I dig deep enough. It is not a flimsy hitch just because it doesn't look like the traditional base and pivot head of other brands. There is alot of strength in a pyramid setup as it's been used over time since at least the Egyptians. There's always alot of opinions on the MOC, but those opinions mostly come from full-timers / long-timers. I will accept that they have different standards as what they drag around the country is their only home. On the flip side ... there are tens of thousands of RVers that are not full timers. In our travels, we see a bunch of Andersens on about any brand of fiver so that 3-4 photos of a fails must be old news to many. Like I eluded to in another infamous hitch war on the MOC ... LCI has absorbed many many companies that build RV parts in the last 10 years. LCI acquired Curt Group a couple of years back. I wonder to what lengths LCI would react if Andersen wouldn't sell to the mighty LCI and LCI got really butt hurt over that issue ?????
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote