View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 01:30 PM   #39
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
uh huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
The Anderson (can) fail during emergency stops. Also check with Montana. Last I heard & read, using the Anderson will void your frame warranty. Some have said that Lippert will cover but I'd have the conversation before I made the decision.

I know the odds are in your favor under normal circumstances, but put in a panic situation I'd prefer the peace of mind knowing my hitch isn't going to buckle. Just my 2 cents....
I had the Andersen for 3 years, didn`t fold up on me, can`t imagine why. Most people that bad mouth the Andersen just can`t stand the fact that the boat anchor they bought is such a hassle in many ways and use a photo of one that was in an accident to try and get their point across. I've personally have seen many trucks with caved in beds from dropping the trailer on it far far more than the single photo of a broken Andersen. The best was down in Myrtle Beach, a brand-new dodge dually still with the new trucks tags still on it had a mashed bed from dropping the trailer on it made himself look good in front of the wife didn`t it. I look in the bed as I walk by, it was a Curt. If it was a panic situation it would have folded to the front don`t you think? instead of the trailer pulling it to the rear as shown from an accident.
If you have a short bed you need a slider like the PullRight Slider. Wonder why no one suggested that to you instead of trying to promote their idea of the perfect hitch.
I currently use the Reese goose box, now that`s the perfect hitch.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote